You want the bond issue that your organization is underwriting to go as smoothly and risk-free as possible, and it’s critical to have counsel who know how to help make that happen. As underwriters’ counsel to leading national and regional investment banking firms, we are able to provide you with counsel that takes in a range of perspectives and is unmatched among law firms regarding bond structures, market interpretations, and acceptability of particular bond terms, covenant language, and other document provisions.
Your organization will substantially benefit from our experience representing virtually all participants in the tax-exempt bond market on new issues as well as on post-issuance matters. We serve as underwriters’ counsel to some of the largest investment banking firms with the issuance of tax-exempt and taxable bonds for government entities, quasi-public entities, universities, hospitals, health facilities, nonprofits, and independent schools.
We have a thorough understanding of the state-of-the-art financing structures and creative issuance techniques as they are being developed by various issuers and underwriters across the country. This allows us to provide you with insights into the marketability of different features of municipal offerings and enables us to examine a wide variety of legal issues under many state laws. It has also allowed us to provide access for our issuer clients to the purchasers and potential purchasers of their bonds.
- 30+ years of experience serving as underwriters’ counsel on tax-exempt financings
- 20 attorneys focused full-time on public finance transactions
Areas of Focus
- Assist underwriters with their due diligence responsibilities
- Review disclosure information provided by issuers
- Draft and prepare Official Statements
- Review various agreements, letters, certificates, opinions, and various other documents, records, and instruments
- Structure and analyze bond issues
- Prepare and review of bond purchase contracts
- Regulatory compliance
Rankings & Recognitions
- Practice ranked 25th nationally with nearly $2 billion in underwriter counsel transactions, 8th in the Northeast by Thomson Reuters (2011)
- Attorneys recognized by Best Lawyers, Chambers USA, Massachusetts Super Lawyers, and New York Super Lawyers